Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Up-and-coming RHP also a Southpaw - What?


What is odd is that I was just having a conversation about how cool it would be to be an ambidexterous pitcher. This kid has a pair of amazing ERAs.

Pat Venditte, The Creighton middle reliever, is the only ambidexterous pitcher to chuck from both sides this year. Venditte, who must announce before each batter which arm he's going to use, has an ERA of 2.36 as a righty and 2.92 as a lefty. 'If another guy throws 30 pitches one day, I know I'm not going to be able to use him the next day,' said Creighton coach Ed Servais. 'With Pat, if he throws 30 pitches, and 15 are right-handed and 15 are left-handed, I know I can come back to him tomorrow.'"

Venditte had this to say regarding his uncanny abilities:

It gives me the advantage almost every at-bat," says Venditte about his ambidexterous ways.

Now my question: does he have two gloves or one interchangable one?

[Via SI.com]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home