Sunday, May 14, 2006

Jobs Wisdom: On Character Building


I'm the only person I know that's lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year.... It's very character-building."

I subscribe to both a quotation of the day RSS feed and a motivational quotation of the day RSS feed. They actually provide me with two quotes a day, but that is neither here nor there. About two weeks ago, the above nugget of wisdom landed in my news aggregate, and I found it absolutely striking.

Upon some further investigation, I found this - a nice collection of wisdom a la Steve. Why should we care? Well, if you don't know Steve, he is the CEO of a little known company called Apple Computer (you may have heard of their iPod). Until recently, he was also the CEO of Pixar Animation Studios (they are keeping Disney's animation business from going the way of the dodo); now, after Disney's acquisition of Pixar, Steve is just the single largest stock holder in all of Disney, not to mention one of the most influential people on their board of trustees.

This is a man who knows his sh*t. It's likely that we could all stand to learn from him a bit.

Oh, and one more thing, if you'd like to reach him, you can always send him an email :-)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home