Thursday, May 18, 2006

In Gandalf We Trust


On his press junkette for The Da Vinci Code, Sir Ian McKellen, in defense of his upcoming picture, has been making waves with some very unmitigated anti-Christian statements, with a dash of British comedic cynicism to boot!

In response to the Catholic Church's suggestion that a disclaimer be added to the front of The Da Vinci Code explaining that it is entirely a work of fiction, Sir Ian had this to say:

I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer at the front saying 'This is fiction.' I mean, walking on water? I mean, it takes an act of faith?"

He then followed it up with a tongue-in-cheek jab at the fear of gay marraige among popular culture:

I'm very happy to believe that Jesus was married. I know the Catholic Church has problems with gay people and I thought this would be proof that Jesus was not gay."

Ouch!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home