Monday, April 10, 2006

On Global Warming, A Lack Thereof


Most people don't know this, and there are many out there that do know and want to hide it from you, but our lovely planet goes through temperature and climate cycles. Far be it from our most desecrationist leisures and whims, I am, for the most part, of the opinion that the Earth goes about its business while waving a very large, and green, middle finger.

If she decides to heat up, I believe much of the research (that we are not supposed to know about) shows that it does not have much to do with us at all.

Maybe she got a good look at Mars and thought he was cute.

Drawn from the official temperature records of the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, that for the years 1998-2005 global average temperature did not increase (there was actually a slight decrease, though not at a rate that differs significantly from zero).

And then here we have the kicker! My bold for emphasis:

The problem here is not that of climate change per se, but rather that of the sophisticated scientific brainwashing that has been inflicted on the public, bureaucrats and politicians alike. Governments generally choose not to receive policy advice on climate from independent scientists. Rather, they seek guidance from their own self-interested science bureaucracies and senior advisers, or from the IPCC itself. No matter how accurate it may be, cautious and politically non-correct science advice is not welcomed in Westminster, and nor is it widely reported


[UPDATE] I wanted to post a disclaimer. I drive a Prius. Thank you for stopping by.


read more | digg story

Technorati Tags: , ,


3 Comments:

  • "If she decides to heat up, I believe much of the research (that we are not supposed to know about) shows that it does not have much to do with us at all."

    Now this might just be me, but somehow I find it unlikely that all of this "very important" research "proving" that there is no global warming is somehow being hidden from the public.

    Scientific journals are produced through a very intensive peer review process.

    If there are valid studies refuting or endorsing scientific claims there is no inherrent reason why it would be blacklisted and "hidden" form the public.

    Honestly, the "they don't want you to know about it" slogan is almost always associated with the scammer and not with the truth.

    Maybe do a little unbiased research of your own, and investigate the claims and methods of both sides before making up your mind.

    That kind of investigation is what keeps the "truth out there" so to speak.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:30 PM  

  • Jason:

    Thanks for the contributing link. There is a lot more evidence for the claims of climate cycles if you wander through the likes of wikipedia (not for actual research, but links to journals and such).

    Mr. Anonymous:

    I am quite familiar with the "peer review" process. I have several "peer reviewed" papers published in conference proceedings and journals.

    In working with the scientific community, I have found that it is largly more political and bureaucratic than our government at times. So the idea of "peer review" does not necessarily mean "credible" to me.

    Especially if a scientist is after funding from some person, or government, with a specific agenda. I ask you: who is going to get their research funded and who is not? Why, whoever is going to prove their interests correct!

    And I would appreciate a little credit, as I have looked into the issue, and glanced over some "peer reviewed" papers. To call me biased is a bit premature as well, considering you don't really even know me, and as I entered this argument on really neither side of the fence and the conclusion which you read is the conclusion that I have come to in my own research, and the opinion that I have garnered.

    By Blogger Timmy, at 11:47 PM  

  • Ahh, the famous anonymous poster. Prententious, naysaying and offering up nothing at all to prove they're correct.

    You make the world go 'round. Or rather, you drive me nuts. Next time try to provide something more worthwhile than this inflammatory post. I know you can do it

    By Blogger christian wolfe, at 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home