Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I Heart ...

So, I haven't really updated in a week or so. This is partially due to the fact that I was at a conference last week -- and therefore my downtime was spent recuperating. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while, just to get it off my chest. Here is an ode to some of the girls that have found a soft spot in my heart of late.
First up is Dr. Allison Cameron from Fox's House. Dr. Cameron manages to be the intelligent girl next door while being the headstrong moral compass to her unfortunate employer. I will never understand why House didn't date her when he had the chance. She pretty much spends her days disagreeing with him now, just to prove that she is capable of an opinion, and her nights ... well ... I've pretty much decided she is the girl I'm going to marry.

I doubt many, if any of you at all (unless you are a geek from up North or from Down Under), know this little gem of a cutie. Amber MacArthur (or AmberMac for short) is a co-host of G4's Call For Help as well as a videocast named commandN. She is also a big Mac geek (hence her monniker). When she's not in front of a camera, she's often at the keyboard as a web developer or usability connoisseur. I heart AmberMac for sure.

Here we have the adorable Kaylee, the eccentric and -- uh -- lonely mechanic from the short-lived television series Firefly and its follow-up film Serenity. Kaylee loves absolutely anything that is "shiny" and can pretty much guess how something works just by looking at it. She makes me want to break things just so she'll come fix it.

Some say that Lana Lang is the female star of Smallville. They are wrong. Don't get me wrong, I love Kristin Kreuk, but Chloe Sullivan is more up my alley. She's got a big smile, a big heart, and is a truly loyal friend. Not to mention that she is quite eloquent and is absolutely adorable.

On the subject of Smallville, Lois Lane, how do I love thee, let me count the ways. This military brat who "hates writing" and has "no future in journalism" could certainly have a future with me. She recently "stripped" in an episode. The dancing left a lot to be desired, but the view most certainly did not.

Finally, I have to make mention of Calleigh Duquesne, the "gun girl" from CSI:Miami. Not only is her name beautiful, but she certainly is too. And does she know her guns. She can tell the make and model of a firearm from just hearing the hammer cock. There were far too many unintended sexual references in that sentence for me to even attempt to reword it.

Finally I have to make mention of these two real women, that I actually know. I hardly talk to this first one since she moved away to go to school. She has a new life now of which I'm not really a part (not that I was huge part of her old one), but that doesn't stop me from missing her a lot. She has this innate ability to make you feel like you've known her for years, and I look forward to the hugs I know she's bringing me for Thanksgiving.

And then there's this one. She's been a mere acquaintance -- a friend of a friend -- for a little more than a year, but recently this sweet little individual has become a very good friend and poker buddy, and I find myself more and more counting the time in between her smiles.

To these women, I heart you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home