Thursday, February 23, 2006

Trailer: A Scanner Darkly


I don't normally blog the release of movie trailers (maybe I should?), but this one has been popping up on all the various sites to which I am betrothed. I first saw it written about over at Paul's one digital life, but, unfortunately, it had a rather large picture of Keanu -- an actor whom I could certainly do without -- and I opted not to pursue any further course of action. It then, however, popped up in A Directory of Wonderful Things with a different picture, and I figured I should check it out. Paul was right, the picture sure can make a big difference. As it were, I have chosen to go with Robert Downey Jr. because he doesn't offend any one of my particular, auspicious sensibilities.

I'm sorry Keanu, I still prefer you to Nick Cage -- even if he does name his children after cool superheroes -- if that is any consolation.

At any rate, I have a vague recollection of having heard something to the effect that Warner Bros. was making a live action movie that used some pretty advanced techniques to make it look like a living graphic novel. It was a passing moment, and I compartmentalized this information into the dark and hidden recesses of my memory that I'm sure Lindsay could tell you about (after all her studying), but of which I am completely and destitutely devoid in knowledge.

So, this new movie, A Scanner Darkly, produced by Warner Independent Pictures and due out this summer, really looks to be a visual gem. The story is based on the scifi novel by Philip K. Dick and looks to be engaging also. Check out the trailer and let me know what you think.

Technorati Tags:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home